Teacher Induction Program
The North Coast School of Education’s (NCSOE) North Coast Teacher Induction Program (NCTIP) is a two-year, state-accredited Induction program that provides a link between the theory, knowledge and skills acquired in the Preliminary Credential Program to the realities in the classroom.
Through a variety of empirical, theoretical, and cultural lenses, Candidates reflect upon their teaching practice and work with a Mentor Teacher, an Inquiry Reader who provides formative assessment, NCTIP staff and colleagues to develop strategies and innovative pedagogy for a variety of 21st century educational settings. Successful completion of Induction leads to a California Clear Credential.
- Designated Subjects
- Education Specialists (ECE, Level II, Mild/Moderate, Moderate/Severe)
- General Education (Multiple Subject/Single Subject)
Note: Each credential has a unique set to standards that must be met in order to obtain a California Clear Credential.
Teacher Induction Enrollment Requirements
- Hold a valid California Preliminary Teaching Credential with a requirement for the completion of Teacher Induction
- Employed in a teaching position
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility for Teacher Induction, please contact your county's Credential Analyst.
Candidates – Complete Steps 1 - 4. Year 1 Candidates must also complete Step 5.
Mentors – Complete Steps 3 - 4 and 6.
- As soon as you are hired, ask about the Teacher Induction Program available in your district/county. [Candidates Only]
- Talk with your Administrator or NCTIP District Coordinator about being matched to a Mentor Teacher who will coach, assess, and support you through your Induction experience. [Candidates Only]
- Create/update an NCSOE My Account Profile:
All participants are required to have an NCSOE online account in order to participate. If you already have an account or SCOE login, you will need to update your account information for the new school year.
- Register for the Professional Development Series that you will be attending through your NCSOE My Account Profile. Candidates and Mentors attend the Series together.
- Complete the “Starting Out Right” Online Seminar (register through your NCSOE Profile Account). [Year 1 Candidates Only]
- Complete the "Mentor Orientation" within two (2) weeks of registration. (Register through your NCSOE Profile Account.) [Mentors only]
- Questions? Please contact the Program Coordinator in your county.
Quick Links and Related Documents
- Candidate Roadmap Inquiry 1-2 2018-19
- Candidate Roadmap Inquiry 3-4 2018-19
- Create/Update an NCTIP Account Profile
- CTC website
- Delay Induction Policy 2018-19
- Designated Subjects Program Handbook 2018-19
- Early Completion Option 2018-19
- Grievance and Appeal Process and Procedures 2018-19
- Induction Framework Inquiry 1 - 2018-19
- Induction Framework Inquiry 2 - 2018-19
- Induction Framework Inquiry 3 - 2018-19
- Induction Framework Inquiry 4 - 2018-19
- Mentor Roadmap Inquiry 1-2 2018-19
- Mentor Roadmap Inquiry 3-4 2018-19
- North Coast Teacher Induction Program Handbook 2018-19
- Request for Equivalency Application 2018-19
- Supporting New Teachers in California 2018-19
- CTC Step-by-Step Guide for Account Access