Special Education Credential
The Special Education (Education Specialist Instruction) Credential authorizes the holder to teach in the following disability areas of specialization:
- Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Moderate/Severe Disabilities
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Visual Impairments
- Physical and Health Impairments
- Early Childhood Special Education
Download CTCís Leaflet CL-808CA for more information.
Each teaching credential has a unique set of standards that must be met in order to obtain the California Clear Credential. Upon completion of Teacher Induction and any additional credential requirements, Education Specialist Teachers with a Preliminary or Level 1 credential are eligible to apply for a Clear Credential.
NCTIP also provides a Level II program for those Candidates who need to clear an Education Specialists Level I credential. NCTIPís Level II Program consists of two seminars (separate from Induction), one in the Fall and the other in the Spring. These seminars address the specific content required in order to meet the state's Level II program standards.
Candidates with an Education Specialists Level I credential who have already completed a full, accredited Induction program do not need to repeat the Induction seminars or assignments.
Quick Links & Related Documents
- CDE webpage on Special Education
- CTC's Education Specialist Level I & II Credentials Leaflet
- CTCís Ed. Spec. Instruction web page
- Parent Rights - Del Norte/Humboldt County
- Parent Rights - Lake County
- Parent Rights - Mendocino County
- Parent Rights - Sonoma County
- CTC Step-by-Step Guide for Account Access
- Verification of Experience Form